Connecting you with your next great career opportunity. Below is a listing of exciting opportunities for which we are proud to recruit on behalf of our clients. Take a moment to review each position for more detail and, if you have questions about the role, please don’t hesitate to contact the Search Consultant at the bottom of each posting.
You should receive a confirmation email after you’ve applied.
Issues with your application? Please send your resume and cover letter to Info@crawfordconnect.com and mention the job ID.
This will help us to ensure your submission will be considered!
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Sunbeam Centre is a multi-site, multi-faceted organization providing residential care, day programming and other services for individuals with developmental, physical & emotional impairments. They do this through a multi-site, multi-faceted organization that delivers residential care, day programming, respite care and specialized facilities which includes fourteen residential Group Homes in Waterloo Region, with additional outreach services to individuals, families and agencies.
The Sunbeam Family consists of Sunbeam Community Living Services, Developmental Services Resource Centre (DSRC) and Developmental Services Ontario, Central West Region – access to adult developmental services.
In addition to the Kitchener headquarters where Day Program activities, respite care and specialized facilities are located, Sunbeam also operates fourteen residential Group Homes in Waterloo Region and offer outreach services to individuals, families and agencies across Southwestern Ontario.
The ED provides strong leadership and responsive management to the organization within the strategic directions established by the Board of Directors. The ED inspires excellence in staff and manages risk to the organization, with overall accountability for the effective and efficient deployment of human resources, financial information and physical resources of the organization.
- Report to the Board of Directors on the financial and operational progress of the organization and provide reliable and timely information.
- Inform the Board of Directors of local, provincial and federal government directions and/or community trends that will influence the overall performance of the organization
- Facilitate strategic planning with the Board of Directors and monitor progress against the plan, recommending remedial action as appropriate
- Ensure compliance with applicable legislation and regulations pertaining to the MCSS/MC funded transfer payment agencies and non-profit corporations. Inform the Board of Directors of any areas of non-compliance with legislation, regulations and/or contractual obligations.
- Inform the Board of Directors of situations that could create potential risk and liabilities for Sunbeam Centre and Implement a risk management plan to support the risk management policy articulated by the Board of Directors.
- Develop and implement an annual operational management plan that supports the strategic directions for the organization as stated by the Board of Directors recommend to the Board of Directors a succession plan.
- Oversee and direct the day-to-day operations of Sunbeam Centre in accordance with applicable legislation, organizational management policies and procedures and contractual obligations and funder expectations.
- Develop and implement an organizational design that enables the organization to function effectively and efficiently to achieve its mission.
- Ensure that programs and services of Sunbeam Centre reflect the / values of the organization articulated by the Board of Directors.
- Define indicators of success for the programs and services delivered by Sunbeam Centre and facilitate the achievement of these outcomes.
- Monitor the overall performance of Sunbeam Centre to ensure they meet standards and expectations of funders.
- Evaluate programs and services delivered by Sunbeam Centre in a systematic manner based on defined indicators of success/ performance outcomes and quality indicators.
- Work in a collegial relationship with MCSS-funded developmental services providers, MCYS-funded children's services and other applicable community-partners.
- Direct the preparation of an annual operating and capital budgets and submit these for approval by the Board of Directors in accordance with legislative requirements and regulations of the applicable funder(s).
- Ensure fiscal viability without compromising fundamental mandates, monitor the financial stability and viability of the organization and report to the Board of Directors regularly
- Ensure that information management systems meet the needs of Sunbeam Centre services and information needs accurately and efficiently.
- Minimum of five (5) years or more of senior management leadership experience in a like-sized organization.
- Experience in the field of developmental and/or children's services or other relevant human services.
- Experience in working with a non-profit Board of Directors.
- Knowledge of applicable legislation, public policy and transfer / payment agency accountability expectations.
- Knowledge and skill to provide professional expertise and guidance to staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective and well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Requisite computer literacy level to manage the organization.
- Experience in program planning, development and evaluation.
- Confident and consistent decision-making skills.
- Resourcefulness and flexibility to meet the needs of the organization and the demands of the position.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member to achieve outcomes and meet deadlines.
- Strong financial acumen
- University Degree from a recognized institution
This search is being conducted on behalf of the Sunbeam Centre by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders and fundraisers for Canada’s non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this document – we would be pleased to connect with them.
Deadline to apply: October 25, 2019.
Please send your cover letter and resume, as two separate documents to bothLiz@crawfordconnect.com and firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the Job ID 137 in the subject line.
If you have any questions, please contact Liz Latimer at Liz@crawfordconnect.com or call 416.690.5377 / 1.866.647.5149.