Connecting you with your next great career opportunity. Below is a listing of exciting opportunities for which we are proud to recruit on behalf of our clients. Take a moment to review each position for more detail and, if you have questions about the role, please don’t hesitate to contact the Search Consultant at the bottom of each posting.
You should receive a confirmation email after you’ve applied.
Issues with your application? Please send your resume and cover letter to Info@crawfordconnect.com and mention the job ID.
This will help us to ensure your submission will be considered!
OrganizationSchoolhouse Playcare Centres of Durham
Schoolhouse Playcare Centres is a non-profit, charitable organization accountable for delivering quality early learning and child care programs and the prudent use of financial resources. Schoolhouse re-invests in the needs, the activities and the overall betterment of the child care services offered.
Schoolhouse Playcare Centres are located in schools in its community. Offered through 26 sites in the Durham District School Board schools, the partnership with Schoolhouse Playcare Centres is key to making a child's day as seamless as possible. Being located within the school allows for regular communication about children's learning and development and it supports consistent learning strategies and outcomes. It also facilitates opportunities for ongoing dialogue, for consistent practices and for fewer transitions for children.
Schoolhouse Playcare Centres (SPC) has a long 35 year history in the Durham Region operating with strong business practices and has a reputation as a hard - working organization. Schoolhouse Playcare serves approximately 2,000+ children and families annually and has a budget of $14 million in revenue. It is funded by parent fees and government.
The board of Schoolhouse Playcare Centres is conducting a search for a new Executive Director.
Position: Executive Director
Location: Whitby, Ontario
The Executive Director is responsible for leading the operations of Schoolhouse Playcare Centres of Durham (SPC). This position provides: strategic leadership for the organization; acts as the ambassador for SPC; collaborates with the Board of Directors and senior management team to execute SPC’s mission, vision and values.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in child care or other related non-profit experience
- Minimum of 5 – 10 years of management experience in a large like-sized multi-site organization
- Demonstrated passion for and knowledge of services for children and families such as child care and early child development
- Strong business acumen: Strong financial acumen: solid budget management skills including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and collaborate with staff; Knowledge of leadership and management principles as they relate to non-profit and child care sectors
- Experience in responding to/collaborating with a volunteer Board of Directors and awareness of policy governance models
- Proven ability to collaborate with community partners and stakeholders
- Familiarity with all federal and provincial legislation applicable to child care sector organizations
- Strong political acumen
- Experience working with multiple levels of government
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including public speaking ability
- Possesses a valid Ontario Driver’s License and access to a vehicle for the purposes of business travel
- Successful completion of Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Multi-site experience is an asset
- E.C.E. degree / diploma an asset OR degree/diploma in a related discipline
• Government Relations experience
This search is being conducted on behalf of Schoolhouse Playcare Centres by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders for Canada’s non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this document – we would be pleased to connect with them.
By February 17, 2020 please apply with your cover letter and resume, as two separate documents, through our website at
Questions about the position? Contact Liz Latimer at Liz@crawfordconnect.com or 416.690.5377 / 1.866.647.5149.
Issues with applying? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest online, through our website, in confidence. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.