Connecting you with your next great career opportunity.
Below is a listing of exciting opportunities for which we are proud to recruit on behalf of our clients. Take a moment to review each position’s attachment(s) for more detail and, if you have further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the Lead Search Consultant associated with the posting.
OrganizationMackenzie Health Foundation
LocationGreater Toronto Area, ON
Permanent position: Greater Toronto Area
Mackenzie Health is a dynamic regional healthcare provider serving a population of more than a half million people across York Region and beyond. Nationally recognized for its commitment to safety and quality patient care, Mackenzie Health is a healthcare leader with a wide variety of academic partners. Mackenzie Health includes Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital, the future Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital, as well as a comprehensive network of community-based services in Richmond Hill, Vaughan and the surrounding communities.
Mackenzie Health's vision is to create a world-class health experience. This means delivering quality, compassionate and timely patient-centered care. It means that everything we do is focused on our patients and community.
Mackenzie Health Foundation
Established in 1977, Mackenzie Health Foundation has raised more than $125 million for capital projects, medical equipment, technology and educational opportunities for Mackenzie Health. With the mission to inspire inspirational gifts, we are proud of our long tradition of partnership with our generous community.
The Exceptional Care Belongs Here campaign
Mackenzie Health Foundation is spearheading the $250-million Exceptional Care Belongs Here campaign – the largest fundraising drive led by a community hospital in Canada – to help build and equip Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital and enhance care at Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital. The campaign will help build an outstanding state-of-the-art hospital and purchase the leading-edge equipment and technology that will attract and inspire best-in-class specialists and health care teams at both its hospitals. To date, the Foundation has attracted over $113 million towards the campaign. A lead transformational pledge from Magna International Inc. of $10-million will name the emergency department at Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital, the Magna Emergency.
Reporting to the Director, Community Giving, the Manager, Community Giving helps drive revenue generation for the community engagement strategy for the $250 million Exceptional Care Belongs Here campaign and beyond. The Manager is supported by and will provide leadership and coaching to a future team of Community Giving staff. Guided by data analytics, the Manager plays a critical role in executing fundraising and engagement strategies with diverse citizens, community groups, foundations, schools, small/medium size businesses and employees of York Region and beyond in supporting Mackenzie Health. Together with the Community Giving team, the Manager partners with a team of volunteers dedicated to community giving and focuses on prospects and organizations at the range of $1,000 to $100,000 through personal solicitation, direct marketing, community events and crowd funding. The Manager with the support of the future Community Giving team develops and promotes engagement and stewardship events that deliver an exceptional donor-centric experience in alignment with operations across the Foundation
- 7+ years of fundraising experience in a managerial role leading the development and execution of community activities and partnerships.
- Progressive management experience with the ability to effectively mentor, coach and develop a team.
- A strong relationship builder who uses effective communications to establish trusting relationships with key stakeholder groups.
- Experience working with fundraising volunteers and diverse cultures.
- Demonstrated track record in closing mid-level gifts (1,000 - $100,000).
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong writing skills with the ability to tailor messages to a variety of audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Understands how to utilize and apply data analytics.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Raisers Edge (or equivalent)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment requiring flexibility and adaptability with respect to working hours such as evenings and weekend hours
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
- Has a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Achieving Results Through Collaboration: Solicits Input and Shares with Others
- Achieving Results Through Impact and Influence: Calculates Impact of Actions or Words
- Achieving Results Through Organizational Awareness: Understands Climate and Culture
- Achieving Results Through Planning, Coordination and Execution: Coordinates Activities Involving Others Within One’s Team
- Achieving Results Through Service and Quality Orientation: Monitors and Improves Quality, Safety and Service
- Leading Effectively by Developing Others: Coaches Others and Provides Advice Relative to Competency Acquisition
- Leading Effectively by Holding Self and Others Accountable: Gives Corrective Feedback
- Leading Effectively Through Visionary Leadership: Empowers the Team to Contribute
- Thinking Critically Using Business Acumen: Demonstrates a Business Orientation
- Thinking Critically Using Strategic Orientation: Understands and Aligns Current Actions with Strategic Goals
- Personal Effectiveness Through Interpersonal Sensitivity: Makes Insightful Assessments
- Personal Effectiveness Through Leadership Presence: Demonstrates Personal Courage
- University degree or college diploma in fundraising or related field
- Healthcare foundation experience
- Campaign experience
- Experience working with data analytics.
This search is being conducted on behalf of Mackenzie Health Foundation by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders and fundraisers for Canada’s non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this document – we would be pleased to connect with them.
Please select the 'Apply Now’ button to upload your cover letter and resume by December 10, 2018.
For additional information, please reach out to Clare McDowall Levy at 416.977.2913. We request all applications be submitted online only. For technical issues, please contact email@example.com.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest online only, in confidence. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.