Connecting you with your next great career opportunity. Below is a listing of exciting opportunities for which we are proud to recruit on behalf of our clients. Take a moment to review each position for more detail and, if you have questions about the role, please don’t hesitate to contact the Search Consultant at the bottom of each posting.
How to Apply: Separate your cover letter and resume into TWO documents as the system only accepts resumes and cover letters separately. You should receive a confirmation by email within 24 to 48 hours when you have successfully applied.
If you DO NOT receive a confirmation, or are experiencing technical difficulties, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, with the following:
- Job ID in the subject heading
- Attach your resume and cover letter as two separate documents
- Short description of the issue you’re experiencing
This will help us to ensure your submission will be considered!
OrganizationThe Mission to End Leprosy
LocationToronto or Boston
Standing on a track record of more than 140 years of innovation, compassion and global effectiveness, The Mission to End Leprosy (TMTEL) is long-established with an innovative spirit that has prepared us to launch our plan to finally consign this disease to the pages of history.
Globally connected, working with governments, international bodies, NGOs, local partners and people affected by leprosy, TMTEL is an internationally respected organization. Under the radar, but powerfully effective, it concentrates on delivering cost effective, demonstrable impact. With scientific advancements that offer the means to end this disease within our lifetime, TMTEL is seizing this unique opportunity as a global change agent. As part of this strategy, TMTEL will initially be raising € 2.5 - € 3.0 million as part of a 15-year eradication strategy.
As it rolls out its plan to eradicate this cruel disease, TMTEL remains committed to caring for the men, women and children disabled and disadvantaged by the disease. It will continue to strengthen government health systems and to provide hospital care, rehabilitation services, scientific research, and leadership development.
Position: National Director, Fundraising and Donor Relationships
Potential Locations: Toronto or Boston
A Fundraising Leadership Opportunity Like No Other
Imagine saying “I helped to eradicate the world’s oldest known disease!”
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to radically change the course of human history. The Mission of End Leprosy is a tightly focused team with the plan, vision, passion and energy to eradicate this millennia-old disease. To the right candidate it offers the opportunity to play a leading role in securing the resources to make this vision a reality. It offers the opportunity of saying “I was one of a very small team that brought about the eradication of leprosy.”
If your ultimate goal is to leave an enduring legacy, not just of hope but of real change, then this may be the career opportunity you’ve been waiting for.
As the National Director, Fundraising and Donor Relationships, you will work closely with the international CEO to develop and implement the fundraising strategy with an initial focus on eastern Canada and the US. In the initial phase of this project the fundraising target is € 2.5 - € 3.0 million with further multi-annual commitments moving forward.
The office location has not yet been decided. Potential locations include Toronto or possibly Boston.
A unique opportunity requires a unique candidate. If you have the courage to step into history combined with demonstrated experience, proven results, and passionate commitment, then please read on.
You are a fundraiser extraordinaire with a track record of verifiable results in developing high value donor relationships that consistently deliver gifts in the 6-7 figure range. You are a consummate networker with extensive experience developing and presenting donor proposals that offer targeted giving opportunities reflecting donor expectations and achieving strategic and fundraising targets. Your fundraising plans come alive to enable and achieve revenue goals and you have shown your capability to work as a key partner with executive leadership and global partners. Because TMTEL is an organization with a rich history and now a new brand and approach, you will need to be able to drive brand awareness alongside a compelling case for support.
- The ability to communicate the vision of TMTEL that reflects your passion, inspires engagement, and ignites a tangible compassionate response in others;
- Build relationships that translate into giving commitments in the 6-7 figure range with prospective and corporate donors, including donors whose generosity is informed by a faith perspective;
- Shape and test the case for support, develop targeted and achievable donor proposals and make presentations in consultation with the Executive Director;
- Co-create strategic and fundraising plans and tactics that align with long-term organizational goals and fundraising targets;
- Build, nurture and maximize the value of networks;
- Work collaboratively, collegially and confidentially with executive leadership and global partners;
- Ensure a consistent brand presence and messaging;
- Develop reports and donor documentation to meet organizational requirements;
- Travel locally and nationally to meet with donors and present the case for support.
- Visionary fundraising leadership with a minimum of 7-8 years related experience;
- Demonstrated results developing high value donor relationships and delivering 6-7 figure gifts;
- A complimentary level of education; a CFRE would be an asset but not a requirement as results are more important than academics and credentials;
- A track record that includes longevity and commitment to current/former employers;
- An entrepreneurial spirit and self-starter with the confidence to meet very high expectations as well as the humility to accept critical guidance from the Executive Director;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to identify and communicate with a diverse range of donor motivations;
- The ability to work effectively as part of a global team, as well as independently with limited support in a one-person office environment;
- Adaptability and flexibility to meet the demands of the role;
- Knowledge of standard computer software and donor databases.
Much will be expected of the person who is selected for this role, but then you would expect nothing less from yourself. After all, you’re about to change the world. Salary will reflect the expectations of the position.
This search is being conducted on behalf of The Mission to End Leprosy by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting fundraisers and leaders for Canada’s non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this document – we’d be pleased to connect with them.
For additional information regarding this job posting please reach out to Janice Wooster at email@example.com or at (416) 388-4049.
We request all applications to be submitted online only, in confidence, this includes a cover letter and a resume for all submissions. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.