Connecting you with your next great career opportunity.
Below is a listing of exciting opportunities for which we are proud to recruit on behalf of our clients. Take a moment to review each position’s attachment(s) for more detail and, if you have further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the Lead Search Consultant associated with the posting.
OrganizationMackenzie Health Foundation
LocationGreater Toronto Area, ON
Officer, Major Gifts,
Philanthropy & Campaigns
(Permanent position: Greater Toronto Area)
Mackenzie Health is a dynamic regional healthcare provider serving a population of more than a half million people across York Region and beyond. Nationally recognized for its commitment to safety and quality patient care, Mackenzie Health is a healthcare leader with a wide variety of academic partners. Mackenzie Health includes Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital, the future Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital, as well as a comprehensive network of community-based services in Richmond Hill, Vaughan and the surrounding communities.
Mackenzie Health's vision is to create a world-class health experience. This means delivering quality, compassionate and timely patient-centered care. It means that everything we do is focused on our patients and community.
Mackenzie Health Foundation
Established in 1977, Mackenzie Health Foundation has raised more than $142 million for capital projects, medical equipment, technology and educational opportunities for Mackenzie Health. With the mission to inspire inspirational gifts, we are proud of our long tradition of partnership with our generous community.
The Exceptional Care Belongs Here campaign
Mackenzie Health Foundation is spearheading the $250-million Exceptional Care Belongs Here campaign – the largest fundraising drive led by a community hospital in Canada – to help build and equip Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital and enhance care at Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital. The campaign will help build an outstanding state-of-the-art hospital and purchase the leading-edge equipment and technology that will attract and inspire best-in-class specialists and health care teams at both its hospitals. To date, the Foundation has attracted over $113 million towards the campaign. A lead transformational pledge from Magna International Inc. of $10-million will name the emergency department at Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital, the Magna Emergency.
As Mackenzie Health Foundation works toward achieving this exciting mandate, it is now seeking to grow its inspired team with a new Officer, Major Gifts. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Leadership Gifts, the Officer, Major Gifts plays a critical role in securing funds for the organization by managing a group of assigned, qualified donors and acting as an ambassador for Mackenzie Health Foundation across the community. Working closely with the Senior Manager, Leadership Gifts and the Director, Philanthropy & Campaigns, the incumbent is responsible for overseeing the stewardship of current donors and solicitation of prospective donors to the current capital campaign as well as other special initiatives. Developing and maintaining a portfolio of 100 donors/prospects ranging from $25,000 - $100,000 level, the incumbent will focus on donor prospecting and solicitation.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of progressive experience in front-line fundraising, the most recent in Major Gifts fundraising or relevant experience required.
- Minimum of two (2) years relevant experience with a demonstrated track record of achievement in securing major gifts (high 5 figure and low 6 figure gifts) or key accounts management front – facing with donors or clients. Brings experience leading own relationship development for MHF’s targeted donor audience including: individuals, corporations, foundations and large business.
- Displays an exceptional level of professionalism, knowledge, productivity, and high ethical standards.
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Excellent time management skills with an ability to handle several tasks simultaneously and set priorities with a sense of urgency.
- Strong computer skills with a background in donor/prospect databases (experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred).
- Strong team player with proven collaboration skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to interact effectively with individuals across the organization and demonstrates tact.
- Able to maintain and work with confidential information.
- Prepared to respond to a fast-paced changing environment requiring flexibility and adaptability with respect to working hours.
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Access to a vehicle and a valid Ontario driver’s license.
- University degree /college diploma in relevant field required.
- Healthcare or not-for-profit experience an asset.
- Major Gift or Campaign experience.
- Experience working with diverse cultures.
- Second language an asset.
This search is being conducted on behalf of Mackenzie Health Foundation by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders and fundraisers for Canada’s non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this document – we would be pleased to connect with them.
Please select the 'Apply Now’ button to upload your cover letter and resume by December 17, 2018.
For additional information, please reach out to Cynthia Armour at 416.977.2913 or 1.866.647.5149. We request all applications be submitted online only. For technical issues, please contact email@example.com.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest online only, in confidence. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.