Connecting you with your next great career opportunity. Below is a listing of exciting opportunities for which we are proud to recruit on behalf of our clients. Take a moment to review each position for more detail and, if you have questions about the role, please don’t hesitate to contact the Search Consultant at the bottom of each posting.
You should receive a confirmation email after you’ve applied.
Issues with your application? Please send your resume and cover letter to Info@crawfordconnect.com and mention the job ID.
This will help us to ensure your submission will be considered!
OrganizationSt.Joseph's Lifecare Foundation
St. Joseph's Lifecare Foundation is dedicated to funding the delivery of quality, compassionate Long-Term Care and Hospice Care, with dignity and respect in the St. Joseph’s tradition. The Foundation raises funds through two signature and many community third-party events, annual giving, and other fundraising initiatives. They are focused on providing excellent stewardship to each and every donor. The Foundation and community recently completed a $7 million campaign to fund the building of a new hospice – doubling the hospice beds available in the community from five to 10. Each year the Foundation raises approximately $3.5 million and has a secure investment portfolio.
The board of St. Joseph's Lifecare Foundation is conducting a search for a new President and CEO.
Position: President and CEO
Location: Brantford, Ontario
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the President and CEO provides visionary leadership and strategic direction to St. Joseph’s Lifecare Foundation and is responsible to the Board of Directors for building the Foundation’s donor base and providing advice, executive leadership and senior managerial oversight of key decisions, initiatives and management of human and financial resources. The President and CEO will build and develop key community and donor relationships in order to encourage ongoing contributions to the Foundation in support of Stedman Community Hospice and St. Joseph’s Lifecare Centre.
The incumbent will work closely with the CEO of St. Joseph’s Lifecare Centre and the Executive Director of Stedman Community Hospice to identify equipment, program and other capital needs to be supported by the Foundation. The President and CEO is instrumental in leading, building, expanding and managing the day-to-day operational effectiveness and fundraising capacity of the Foundation and increasing community awareness of Stedman Community Hospice and St. Joseph’s Lifecare Centre.
St. Joseph’s Lifecare Centre is the largest long-term care centre in Brantford and Brant County, with 205 beds; and is one of two non-profit centres in the county. The Stedman Community Hospice is one of only 25 hospices in Ontario.
• Relevant experience (7+ years) in a senior management or an executive role; preferably in the non-profit sector.
• University degree or College Diploma in Business Administration, Philanthropy, or a suitable combination of related experience and education.
• Proven fundraising success with individuals, corporations, foundations and community organizations; including major gifts and planned giving experience; and overseeing signature events.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; proven ability to effectively and passionately communicate with a wide variety of audiences.
• Tactful consensus builder with superior political acumen.
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships with people in a variety of levels and types of organizations, including with senior leaders and front-line employees.
• Familiarity and experience in working with and supporting effective governance Board Members.
• Exceptional collaborative leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to engage, inspire, coach and sustain high value contributions.
• Ability to develop and execute effective strategies and practical plans (including projects and programs) that deliver promised results.
• Understanding and experience of best practices in operating and meeting the statutory and regulatory obligations of a non-profit organization.
• Proven financial, analytical, and writing skills.
• Familiarity with donor database management software and/or CRM software.
• CFRE designation (or related professional certification)
• Reside in Brantford or open to relocation; or live within 40-50 km of Brantford.
• Experience working in a long-term care facility or hospice.
• Access to a reliable vehicle and Class G driver’s license.
By February 21, please apply with both your cover letter and resume through our website at
After applying through our online portal, you will receive a notification, confirming receipt of your application submission.
We request all applications to be submitted online only.
For additional information regarding this job posting please reach out to Heidi Stock at email@example.com ( For technical issues in submitting your application online, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest online, through our website or by email to our consultant, in confidence. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.